On Monday 21 January 2002 08:34 am, Carlos Arigós wrote:
> El Vie 18 Ene 2002 12:16, escribió:
> > *************************************************************************
> >** ** This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for
> > the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
> > *************************************************************************
> >** **
> >
> > Having received a 2nd HD for Chrimble I decided to set my system up as a
> > dual book using Mandrake 8.1 and start easing myself away from Unca Bill.
> >
> > Imagine my joy and surprise when I, like so many others found that my
> > Conexant modem doesn't have Linux drivers being, in my shame, a Winmodem.
> >
> > Conexant provide beta drivers for HSF Winmodems but not for HCF. Does
> > anyone know where I can get valid drivers so I can enjoy the net under
> > Linux?
> >
> > cds
>
>       Hi, Colin. Here you can find some info.
>
>       http://tickletux.sourceforge.net/howto/index.html
>
>       Good luck
>       Carlos
There is a long thread about HCF modems at www.mandrakeforum.com that has
been running since January 2. (Search for "HCF"). It started with a posting
claiming to have solved the HCF driver problem, but it looks like the fix
only works with some HCF modems. Maybe you are one of the lucky ones.
Regards,
-- cmg