On Tuesday 22 January 2002 03:22, you wrote:
> Hello everyone!  =)
>
> I need your help.  I don't know how to connect to the Internet using my
> dial-up connection.  I am using Speed Com+ 56K external modem (serial)
> running on Mandrake 8.1.  I hope you can give me a HOW-TO on how to connect
> my dial-up to the Internet.
>
> Please forgive me if this is a very newbie question.  It's just that I
> don't know how and I really want to surf the web using my Mandrake 8.1
> already.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> God bless...
>
> __________________________________
> www.edsamail.com
Are you using KDE for your desktop? if so click on the icon that says
"Internet" It will bring up Kppp dialer.  You will have to know your ISPs two
DNS addresses,  like  207.217.126.81  or similar.  You should make the device
on the device tab   /dev/ttyS0  and you will need your dial in number and
password. I don't know how it's handled in console mode but this is a start
if you use KDE desktop. Most of it is self explanatory. Come back if you need
more help. HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842