Thanks, Dave.

If I wanted to make the new evolution available to all users, though,
why wouldn't I edit the /etc/profile rather than my own bash profile?

Terry

p.s. note the date! My system went down as I was composing this message.
Since then the box has traveled across the country to San Francisco and
had a new mobo put in. It arrived on the east coast today and I'm
getting the system up and running.

A few glitches...they  added a sound card, the ESS Solo 1 Audiodrive
(the old board, an A7M266, had built in sound, the new board, an A7K266
doesn't)

1/23/02