On Friday 25 January 2002 07:22 pm, you wrote:
You may not like this answer, but start by loading that most current version
of Linux kernel...2.4 (I would recommend a download of LM8.1 and a kernel
patch to 2.4.8-34.1mdk).  This will be the best way to allow you to run
iptables.  Next you can use any of the pointman firewall configs from
pmfirewall.org.  Simple to implement, easy to change and restart.  I think
you will like the IDS built into the kernel as well.  Port Sentry is what it
is called.

Lemme know if this helps...
Steve Weltman