-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of FLYNN, Steve
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 7:36 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [newbie] Copying Files to Floppy

Is the floppy formatted as a FAT (i.e. Windows/DOS) disk or is it
formatted
as an EXT2 (i.e. Linux filing system) floppy?

If you shove a windows formatter floppy,. Linux will see it, recognise
it
and adjust the copy process accordingly. You should be able to boot into
Windows, open up the floppy and see your files.

As for the command, to copy abc123.txt you would

cp abc123.txt /mnt/floppy/

Should work...