On Tuesday 29 January 2002 06:03, daRcmaTTeR wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:13:49 +0200
>

> on the second CD of the two CD install set you've got there are a
> bunch of rpm packages for PERL. Install them to your system and
> this should take care of the problems you're having. I can't
> remember exactly which one is specifically which is why I suggested
> installing them all.

Well, I've installed everything that isn't obviously useless, and got
a bit further, but now make fails a short way into reading any
Makefile.PL (doesn't make any difference whether I'm using make on a
downloaded file or using install with the CPAN module).

Maybe I should go back to the monastery, but in the meantime a
question ---

If I compile Perl from source, am I likely to break anything? Will
installed modules still work, even if Perl is in a different
directory?

Robin

--
"Someone who re-invents the wheel will not take driving for granted."

Robin Turner
IDMYO, Bilkent Universitesi
Ankara 06533
Turkey