Subject: Re: [newbie] VMware newsgroup
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 23:13:32 -0500
From: Marcia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 01:23 pm, you wrote:
> X-RebelTech Is Here: http://www.rebeltech.ca
>
> hope you don't mind the direct reply....
> although i can't help you with the knode issue,
>
> i am running vmware2.04 on lm8.0
> no problems. was a snap to install.
>
> what sort of problems are you experiencing?
>
> FWIW, i did an eval of vm3.0. i will be sticking with 2.04. i don't need
> the new things like winxp guest os etc. and i found 2.04 to be more stable
> and faster.
>
> moose.

Thank you for your information. I do not remember exactly what error messages
I was getting now. I will have to try installing soon to see what happens.
Did you have to install the kernel module patches first? I had to but then it
still did not install completely. Is it because I have 8.1? What exactly did
you do to get yours installed if you do not mind me asking. Thank you for
your help.

Sincerely,

Marcia