Hi guys

I have installed an internal zip drive into my Mandrake 8.1 machine and I am having dramas getting access to the drive

Using hardrake I can find that the zip drive is there as /dev/hdd

However if I try to use the mount (i.e. under KDE on the desktop I make a new floppy device link where the device is /dev/hdd and mount point is /mnt/zip)

I get an error saying no device or could not mount the device /dev/hdd does not exist

Using an article from linuxnewbie.org I was told to modify the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file with:

Insmod parport

Insmod ppa

And also modifying the fstab file with the same line as on my other computer

/dev/hdd /mnt/zip auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,sync,exec,codepage=850,noauto 0 0

Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong

Thanks for your help

Rick J

PS once I have sorted this I may or should I say will need help in setting up my USB zip drive and USB printer so if you have any pointers for that please let me know, thanks again