I'm setting up Samba and I think I have just about everything perfect. I
have a user on the linux computer (Ex. login name: bob password: test) and I
have the same user on my Windows XP computer with the same login name and
password.

When at my Windows XP computer I do a search using the IP of the linux
computer and it shows this:

Name          Folder      Comment
192.168.1.3   unknown

If I double-click the IP address shown above I get a login prompt and I type
in the username "bob" and the password "test" but it never logs in. It just
keeps giving me the same prompt. If I go to the linux computer and open
"Network Monitoring" I can see that it is sending and receiving but I can't
figure out why it's not letting me log in.

If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Mithrilhall

                                                                #####
                                                               #######
                 #                                            #########
 ######         ###                                           ##()#()##
   ##            #                                            # @@@@@ #
#@@@@@
#@@@@@@