On Monday 04 February 2002 18:19, you wrote:
> * Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [04 Feb 02 18:57]:
> > OK... I'm sure the answer to this is so simple that it is staring me
> > in the face. How do I get XMMS to play an audio CD? For the life of me,
> > I can't figure it out. I assume that it can do so since you can set it
> > to check CDDB.
> >
> > Someone make me feel stupid and tell me how! :)
>
> I had problems doing this until I figured out that I had to plug the
> speakers into the headphone jack on the cd drive.
> `
Do you get sound out of the speakers from other sources or other CD players?
I use XMMS, cdplayer, and Alsa player on one machine and they all play
through the speakers, on another machine XMMS refuses to make sound but the
others work. Settings appear to all be the same, go figure.  You should not
have to plug in head phones to hear XMMS play a cd. Let's keep looking for an
answer to your problem and in doing so solve mine. HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842