On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 23:38:43 EST [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I thought that using linux had a smaller Ram fingerprint. Yet as for
>compact. I know linux can be powerful, but from this point it's seems to
>me, linux like other things seem just demanding more. I mean what happen to
>slow processor and low ram?

What happened is user friendliness, help functions, X-window developments
and desktop managers like KDE. These are eating up RAM and resources. You
can still run linux on a 16Mb ram 386 but then you can better forget about a
graphical environment. A server would be good like this.

Paul

--
He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good.
-Yiddish proverb

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.7.0