On Monday 11 February 2002 01:41 pm, you wrote:
> Just surfing around various broads, trying to answer a
> partitions(Laptop was winXP on a ntfs partition) without
> corruption. I think this explains my inability to successfully
> install Mandrake. Anyone have any more information, or a
> better explanation?

I finished up buying Partition magic after surfing the boards
and it seemed that was about the only way -- for now.  Something
else about half the price claimed it would do it - but a search
on that revealed a lot of disappointed customers.

I am sure there must be a better way but I don't know it!  I can
now mount my windows ntfs partition in linux.  Works great.

Walter