Charles Muller wrote:

> Is there some kind of initialization process that I need to do to get LM
> 8.1 to recognize the contents of a CD? The drive is recognized, and I
> assume the file format is right, since one of the test CDs is a Mandrake
> installation CD. But I can't list any files.
>
> Chuck

Chuck, have you mounted the drive ?
If you use KDE, do you see a CD-icon ? - and if so, have you checked the
settings (properties) ?
Try to run "kdf" (without the quotes), eventually right-click the CD-rom
device and mount it.
If you have further troubles, please copy your /etc/fstab and
/etc/lilo.conf files into your reply, then I'll try to help you out.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich