On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:13:10 -0500, Gary Montalbine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to thank everyone that replied. I use Netscape and found that the
>   Altavista site would translate OK. I tried Konquorer for the first
> time and found that the special tool translation was outstanding.
> Konquorer used Altavista as the translation source also. However it made
> it much easier to use because of the direct link. I shall use Konquorer
> for all my web page translations.
>
> Gary

Try this:

1. Make a bookmark containing the following JavaScript text (with no line
breaks):

javascript:void(location.href='http://babelfish.altavista.com/cgi-bin/translate
?jss&urltext='+location.href)

2. Go to a site that you want to translate.

3. Run the bookmark when in the site.

4. You will be taken to babelfish.altavista.com and the "Web page" field will be
filled in for you. Pick a translator and click "Translate".

This works fine for me in Mozilla and Galeon. In theory it should work in any
good JavaScript-enabled browser.

It wouldn't be hard to write a similar bookmark that directly translated a page
from one language to another, skipping step 4.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

                The only intuitive interface is a nipple.
                        After that, it's all learned.