Hi again,

I am shopping for an external CD-RW drive for my notebook, one that I'd be
able to use with my PC as well ( thats why I'm looking for ones with USB +
pcmci interfaces ), I need some advise from you folks.

will any CDRW drive with a pcmci interface work with Mandrake ?? or do I have
to look for one that states specifically that it works with linux ? I checked
the Mandrake hardware database but it mostly showed internal ones, and wasnt
of good help.
same thing for the USB interface...does it really need to secify that it works
with linux ?

... Or shall I go for SCSI ?? ( if someone suggests that I go for SCSI please
also advise with a good SCSI inteface card for notebooks ():-)

any advise will be highly appreciated :)

Hanan Z. Shargi
Registered Linux User# 259916