On Wednesday 13 February 2002 20:47, you wrote:
> Everytime I try to run Mandrake Update, I start it and it builds the list
> from CD 1, 2, 3 and when it get to the online security/updates from
> redbox.mandrake.. it gets to 21% then locks and I have to use Xkill to get
> out of it. I have let it sit there all night before and it was still locked
> in the morning. How can I get it to quit checking at redbox..... so I can
> select another server? Or something so I can use it again. I am tired of
> updating everything manualy. I am running MDK 8.1 on an Intel PIII 500
> system with 256MB of RAM. Thanks,
At Mandrake update you can click on the "update sources" at the top of the
gui frame and then click on new > security updates and then select from the
list that takes a few minutes to load by clicking the down arrow to the left
of the place that says redbox.mandrake.  Changes the ftp site that you are
using for updates.  HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842