This is a permissions problem.  I usually see it when attempting to run
something I've put on an NFS mounted directory and I've somehow got the
ownership screwed up.  Try just copying the whole directory into your
home directory and running it there.  That seems to work for me as a
quick bypass.  Got to get round to understanding exactly what's going on
here though!

HTH
Brian