Hi Mark,

Now that's my kind of install! :)

I've no intention of letting Netscape do the "M$" thing. I'd rather not have
it on my disk, thank-you very much!

(The last time I let M$ do an upgrade, they generously passed on a virus that
had infected the file! After searching their "Knowledge Base" [should be
called "BugBase"], I found the problem -- they admitted that the file had
been infected -- nice touch, eh? Well, enough ranting about that
has-been-on-my-computer OS.)

Next question: how do I access their FTP server? Would you happen to have
their ftp address? I plan to do it from Konqueror (I hope they don't mind too
much :>)

Btw, I just have to tell someone -- I finally got Apache + PHP + Postgresql
installed and running on my system! Took two weeks, but I finally figured out
the correct configure sequence [pat, pat, pat on my shoulder! Thanks!] :)

Tia,
Andre

On Saturday 16 February 2002 10:21, you wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:31:04 +0000
> "rsch77" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thoughtfully uttered these words to
>
> ponder:
> > Hi Andre,
> > I am a newbie also : ), so I can't help you much with installing it
> > as an ordinary user. I installed Netscape 6.2 as root and I can run
> > it as a normal user. If that is your worry, don't worry anymore. You
> > could try installing it in another directory which you have
> > permission to write, but I've never done it, can't help again.
> > Good luck,
> >
> > Rodrigo
>
> Instead of download "just" the installer grab the entire package from
> the Netscape FTP server and then run the installer on your system
> instead of using their "net" installer.
>
> problem solved.

Please pray the Holy Rosary to end the holocaust of abortion.
Remember in your prayers the suffering souls in Purgatory.

May God bless you abundantly in His love!

For a free Cenacle Scriptural Rosary Booklet -- http://www.webhart.net/csrb/