On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:22:08 -0500, daRcmaTTeR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:38:46 -0500
> Bill Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> studiouisly spake these words to ponder:
>
> > On Sunday 17 February 2002 11:21 am, Jon Doe wrote:
> > > does anyone know where I can find the parchiver utility? I had it before
> > > but I can't find it now. It rebuilds rar files that are missing.
> >
> > Just curious. What are rar files?
>
> hey yeah! what the heck are they?

RAR is a compression/archiving format, used extensively in the DOS/WinDOS world.
See http://www.rarsoft.com/ for more details.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"Anyone who says you can have a lot of widely dispersed people hack away on a
complicated piece of code and avoid total anarchy has never managed a software
project." -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 1992, writing to Linus Torvalds.