On Monday 18 February 2002 09:14, you wrote:
> Jose Mirles wrote:
> > But all in all, I like Mandrake better. However, since suse is going to
> > adhere to the Linux "standard" in placing their files, I may switch back
> > to suse.
>
> Jose,
>
> Have you (or someone else) heard that Mandrake is not going to adhere to
> the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard?  I'm assuming they will comply, maybe
> not completely yet or in the next release, but reasonably soon.
>
> Randy Kramer
According to earlier posts way back when, from Deno or Civileme, can't
remember which, Mandrakesoft fully intends to make the distribution 100%
standards compliant. Of course the can not necessarily speak for some of the
commercial packages that they include in boxed sets. But the OS itself is
being setup for the FHS and could conform within the next distro after 8.2 as
I recall.  Somebody correct me if I remember this wrong.  HTH
--
Dennis M. registered linux user # 180842