First of all my linux machine isn't a production machine, in fact it
probably can't even qualify as a development machine either.  It sits idle
for the majority of the time as I tinker with various aspects in an attempt
to learn something about Linux.  I have noticed though after loading a
CPULoad DockApp that my CPU load averages between 50-80%.  Since it's not
supposed to be doing anything, I thought I'd investigate.

After running ps aux, I noticed that PID #4 ([kapm-idled]) was taking up
over 90% of the CPU cycles.  Itried killing it off with kill 4 but it
remains.  Could somebody tell me what this process is, and how I can
successfully kill it, or even if I should kill it.

Thanx!!