On Wednesday 20 February 2002 12:27, Rick Henderson wrote:
> I just mandrake loaded.  Hoping this os will let me do away with window$.
>
> I know nothing about wine. And I can't seem to get a windows program
> running.
>
> Any suggestions on what to look for and/or to do.
>
> Thanks
> Rick Henderson

The wine package that comes with ML8.1 is broken.  Download the latest from
http://wine.dataparty.no and you'll find it'll work instantly.

An example on how to use wine:  I have an windoze accounting program called
myob.exe so I

$ cd /mnt/windows/myob/
$ wine myobe.exe

Just go into the directory where the win app is located, then issue the
command "wine <win app executable>".

HTH
skinky
--