Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:02:59 -0500: In attempt to throw the authorities off his
trail, Hanan Shargi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> transmitted:

> well...
> .... ? what could be the problem in this case ?

Without knowing which Inspiron and which NIC you're running, everything is a
stab in the dark.

Try disabling your BIOS's APM settings. If that doesn't work, turn them back
on and disable Mandrake's APM.

If that doesn't work, tell us exactly which model of Inspiron you're using
along with the make and model of your PCMCIA nic.

> I cant slide in another NIC I odnt keep collections of NIC's ():-)

And you call yourself a geek! ;o)

- C