Relayed for Mick, who can't subscribe to the list for some reason.
--- Begin Message ---

Hi Randy,
I've decided to use you as a relay.(Since I can't post to the list) I am
trying to update my security on my LM 8.1. Each time I go to the
Software Installer, I choose Security Updates, and then it asks for a
mirror. I scroll down and pick a mirror site and then it sits there for
an eternity! "Adding Source" it says. Is this normal? What is it doing
exactly? How long should I wait for the new source to be defined?
I am using a 56K dial up modem. If you or anyone on the list can fill me
in here, that'd be great.
Mick

--- End Message ---