shane wrote:

> have a look at
>
>http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/Distributions/Tiny/Floppy_Sized/
Tnx

> > Also would a minimalist GUI also be able to be included?
>
> gui?  good luck there.
perhaps something like the old DOS gui's used to look like and nothing
as fancy as KDE.

> you can linux live cd's but i assume you want to save certain profile info.
>  in that case you would have to create your own.
correct I do want to create my own network script files to run after
I've loaded the distribution. I then either want the distro to mail
another email address the results of those network scripts or I want it
to save the output onto floppy disk/s other than my OS disk.

> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Diskless-HOWTO-3.html
time for a little more reading although what I want to do does have a
disk, just not a hard disk. Tnx

Hylton Conacher on KDE 2.1.1 on kernel 2.4.3-20mdk#1
Registered Linux user # 229959 on Mandrake 8 on an i686 (AMD  1 Ghz K7
mobo
Licenced Windows user
More hardware info on request