Hello again - my second question in 24 hours, having solved the sound card :-)) Hope someone can help with this too! I've got the box up and running (Mandrake 8.0), and connecting to the Internet via a router connected to my home LAN. The LAN consists of mainly windows XP and 98 machines. I can ping the linux machine from the others and vice versa. I have set up a Samba conf file using SWAT, but am getting 2 error messages:
1. Clicking on 'local network' in my home directory returns 'Cannot connect to host 'localhost'
2. I tried netconf, and on trying to open the samba configuration entry there, I get the error message 'cannot find etc/samba/smbconf' Not surprising, since my conf file is simply etc/smb.conf   Question is, where do I go next? Make 2 smb/conf files?
TIA
Heather