On Tuesday 05 March 2002 18:42, RichardA wrote:
> gtk-gnutella works. There used to be a Morpheus client for Linux, but the
> file was pulled for legal reasons - anyone know of another place to get it?
> And would the recent business about about blocking the Windows client
> affect it?

I think you mean GiFT
The file wasn't pulled, Kazaa who provide the technology Morpheus use
deliberately blocked GiFT so it stopped working. The GiFT team are busy
developing an 'OpenSource' alternative to Kazaa/FastTrack. Check out
SourceForge for details.

Morpheus have recently fallen out with Kazaa and have just started to use
Gnutella as their file sharing system.

Another Gnutella client lots of people use is LimeWire
www.limewire.com
This one is Java based. Read the install instuctions carefully, lots of
people have trouble getting it installed. Also check out this lists archives.

Another alternative is AudioGalaxy www.audiogalaxy.com
They have a Command Line Linux client called AGSatellite, and there is a GUI
front end called XSatellite available on SourceForge.

HTH
derek