Heather Reed wrote:

> I want to ask the same question! I saw Ed's reply concerning the etc/hosts
> file. Mine has two entries:
> 192.168.0.10   (the linux machine)
> 127.0.0.1    localhost
> I am seeing the linux box in windows, but am getting the same error message
> as Costin when trying to access the network from Linux. A search for the
> LISa readme or manual comes up blank. Any offers? :-))
> Heather

Heather, don't know if it will help or not but this is what my /etc/hosts file
looks like:

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.0.1     darkforce.com darkforce
192.168.0.2     darkforce2
192.168.0.3     darkforce3

I've got a 'Nix box with 2 Windog machines (my sons - for games mostly) hooked
up in a LAN.

Under my setup, we can all play games together, the 2 Windoze machines can
copy files back/forth to each other, and my Linux comp can copy files to them,
but they can't see or access my Linux box. They are 11 and 8 years old - just
the way I want it. <grin>

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord