On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 16:20, Seedkum Aladeem wrote:

> Or you can define an alias in your shell rc file. This way you can start
> openoffice from the command line.
>
> For csh the line would go in the .cshrc file in your "home" directory and it
> will be:
>
> alias soffice /OpenOffice.org641/soffice
>
> This way whever you type "soffice &" in a terminal window, Open Office gets
> started.

I tried this, using the .bashrc file in my home directory as follows:

# User specific aliases and functions

alias soffice ./OpenOffice.org641/soffice

But when I try it, I get an error message:

bash: soffice: command not found

I must be missing something.

Regards,

Chuck

--

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJK-English Dictionary
www.acmuller.net