OK, You downloaded and unpacked the tar.gz file... there should be
several files in the unzipped folder, or not? Well, there is a setup
file... sorry, not install... my appologies.

Try a "./setup /net" and the rest should be pretty straight forward. I
canot remember if the "/net" funtion is well documented, but it exists
from StarOffice, and it still used in the OopenOffice.org. You will have
to install this as root.

One thing I must add... I had a big problem in the beginning where I
could not read the install screen. I found out that this had to do with
Abiword (some arial font that was contained in it), and uninstalling it
first fixed everything :-)

Ok, once installed, let's say in /usr/share/openoffice.org641 (I have no
idea what 4.1 version you are referring to?), as a normal user type
/usr/share/openoffice.org641/setup and it should install several files
into your home directory. There are needed for your personal settings.
In the folder created there are shortcuts to openoffice and so on. I
think the rest is pretty straight forward.

The version I use is :
http://sf1.mirror.openoffice.org/641c/install641C_linux_intel.tar.gz

but others should work too.

Greetings
Ralph

Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
| Ralph,
|
| You mentioned:
|
| "Do an "./install /net" if you want to use it for several users and don't
| want to install a separate version in each users $HONE."
|
| I looked at the "install" man pages and there was no mention of the
"/net"
| switch. The man page said it was a file copy utility, all be it a more
| sophisticated one. The one I have is version 4.1.  What is this "install"
| program you have in mind?
|
| I did the down load, the unzip, the untar and I am ready for the next
step.

| Thanx,
|
| Seedkum
|
| On Saturday 09 March 2002 03:51 pm, Ralph Slooten wrote:
|
|>Well, no, but you can always just delete the folder where it is
|>installed :-) In my case /usr/share/openoffice ... the shortcuts where
|>it is installed will be added to your local install directory (for each
|>user about 3 MB's in their $HOME somewhere...). There are no other
|>shortcuts or files installed anywhere else.
|>
|>Hope this helps,
|>
|>Ralph
|>
|>Seedkum Aladeem wrote:
|>| Does it also come with an uninstall utility?
|>|
|>| Thanks,
|>|
|>| Seedkum

| Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
| Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

- --
Homepage: http://tuxpower.f2g.net/