On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 02:23:14 -0500 Greg wrote:

> Hi everyone  I was wondering how a system should be left running if it is
> connected to the internet and what is best for the operating system I have
> a home built  box running  8.1 and i leave it at the  log in screen for
> KDE  is that a good way to leave the system when not being used   Thanks
> Greg--

Hi Greg,
I have my machine running all the time, logged into X (XFCE).
No problem here since there is nobody else in this place but me. Depends on
that more than anything else, I think. Do you trust others of they are
around? Otherwise I'd also leave the box logged out. Paul

--
A day is a span of time no one is wealthy enough to waste.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.0 - Sylpheed 0.7.4