I am elated to report that I finally succeeded to start up OpenOffice
using this.

> If you use the GNOME Panel, take a look at the OpenOffice QuickStarter applet at
> http://ooqstart.sourceforge.net/.

My error was in the path I entered in the properties box.

I had originally entered

/usr/share/OpenOffice.org641/program

But once I shortened this to

/usr/share/OpenOffice.org641

It worked fine.

I am happy with this, but if anyone can tell me where I might find my
PATH statement, or why Jan's LN suggestion did not work, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you Sridhar, for pointing me to this great little applet.

Regards,

Chuck

--

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJK-English Dictionary
www.acmuller.net