hi everyone, I am not sure if this can possibly work but I would like
to have MD 8.1 and 7.2 on the same harddrive and i would like it to boot
both from Lilo (or Grub).

I installed MD 8.0 next to 7.2 but the 8.0 simply took over mounting
of "/" and "/home" and left the 7.2 partitions unmounted. However, it
did take their partition names (dev/hda6 and /dev/hda7). I set up Lilo
to give the option to boot "old_linux" pointing correctly to the image
of the new /dev/hda13, etc. However, when I choose it, I get a dark screen
and everything freezes. How can i solve this? Do I have to have separate
file system types (ext2 for 7.2 and ext3 for 8.1?) or must i somehow
instruct Lilo to mount BACK "/" and "/home" to these new partitions?

Thanks for all help i can get,

Zlatko Savic
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when
there is nothing left to take away."
- Antoine de Saint Exupery

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com