John

I've followed this thread for a while and think I may be what you are
looking for.

I'm 58 yrs old and have a PII 266 with 64kb. Last year i bought
mandrake 8.0 power pack, i stuck it in the cd and eveything went fine.

I have KDE, Internet connection, web browsing, Star office, xmms,
gimp, bluefish, gcash and loads of other things, also proper sound
and all with vey little hassle although its a little slow.

For me it was just as easy as M$98 which was my only other  os
install experience.

Long live mandrake

regards Pete