i can't speak for XP, but if you want to use lilo, the linux loader,
generally you simply install.  i have install several 7.1 through 8.2
installs for others on second disks with win95, win98 and win2k on the
first.  you just follow the instructions and generally everything works
fine.

the one time i have had it _not_ work was a 7.1 install with win95 on the
other drive, and i thought i would check to see how the mandrake installer
saw the win partitions.  oops, having linux rewrite your windows partitions
is not to smart.  funny thing, while windows couldn't see the second
partition, linux could so the data was saved.  they may have even fixed it,
still don't click the windows partitions in the installer.  :-)

On Friday 15 March 2002 19:48, Joe Barron opened a hailing frequency and
transmitted:

--
"We know what we are, but not what we may become" -William Shakespeare

shane
http://shentzu.home.mindspring.com/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html