On Saturday 16 March 2002 12:12 pm, rob wrote:
> I have a Sony Viao FX290, and Mandrake constantly turns on the
> Numlock which borks my typing.  I am wondering how to fix this?  I
> picked the US keyboard.  thanks,  Rob.

  su to root in a terminal and type 'mcc' <Enter>. Then click on the
System icon, then Services. Look down the list til you find 'numlock'
and uncheck the 'start on boot' button.  You shouldn't need to
re-boot, MCC should stop the service. If it doesn't, click on the
Stop button to the right of 'numlock'.

  While you're in MCC you might wanna look thru the services to see
if you should turn off other unwanted or unneeded ones.  There's a
list of services and what they do at mandrakeuser.org
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas