On Saturday 16 March 2002 20:01, you wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:09:32 -0700, Miark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ext3 is dog slow, and good only for compatibility with
> >     Ext2.
>
> Ext3 is also the safest filesystem, because you have the option of
> journalling data as well as metadata (the other journalling FSs only
> journal metadata).

I've tried ext3 and it seemed faster than ext2 but when I went to
reinstall it would stop after a few screens and I'd get the message
"oops, no root partition found!". There was a root partition. I just
finished reinstalling with Reiser, did a cold reboot on purpose, no
problem during reboot.

--
Jonathan Dlouhy
Saturday, March 16, 2002
Don't get even -- get odd!
Registered Linux user #264482      Powered by Mandrake Linux 8.1