On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:29:18 -0900
civileme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Get the driver for the ProSavage.  It is not fully supported by XFree.
>  In 8.1 it would not work at ALL on a number of boards.
>
> Civileme

Presumably this is the latest 1.1.23t savage_drv.o from probo.com as
recommended by Via.

If it is it has no effect on the problem in my system.

According to a German Linux site:
http://www.linux-community.de/Neues/story?storyid=3243

The problem is with PCI latency. Google translation of one post: "I the
problem meanwhile located. It lies indeed to the PCI Latency. I do not
have yet the exact "evil author", but if one exchanges the Kernelfiles pci
irq.c and pci pc.c with the older files from 2.4.15/16 - and naturally
again compiled -, disappears strip/runs it. I did not notice any
instabilities or losses yet."