I downloaded Mandrake, opened it up, burnt it onto a cd like it told me to,
then it asks me if I want to read a guide, or create a boot disk create a
boot disk.
I can't work out how to edit the BIOS on my computer to read from the CD
(when I restart it and press F8 when it reads the floppy it brings me to a
set of options, none of them edit the boot disk.)

SO I create a boot disk.
Restart my computer, and it reads off it, then says failed boot.

WHAT am I doing wrong?
I followed the instructions, copied over the cd img file like it said, and
it still don't work.

I have a CD burner (E: drive) and a DVD rom (D: drive)

what do I do?

thankyou for helping me.

John