I have been trying to get pilot-link correctly installed on working on my
system for a week.  I also updated everything on the Mandrake side making
sure I had the most recent Kernal.  Still no luck.  When I tried to follow
the directions for the developer I am getting feedback that means nothing to
me:

[root@tower pilot-link-0.10.99]# ./configure
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking host system type... i586-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
[root@tower pilot-link-0.10.99]:

I wiped out my whole system before trying this above and I even formatted my
Linux partition and started over I had so many crap files I lost track.  Now,
I don't have access to CVS anymore, and other little problems.  I am using
su.  What have I done?  What have I done wrong?  Maybe I should just wait for
a release that will have software that will automatically sync a palm over
USB...

Dan B