Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> That's funny Carroll, I've got exactly the same shakes. Here in Denmark we have a
>special word for that kind of language
> : "flosculature" (slightly english-ified). I think it translates to something like
>"gobbledygook". Extensively used by
> business-executives, marketing-gurus, civil-servants in suits and high-ranking
>desk-weenies. To have the shakes go away
> immidiately, I just read H.C. Andersen's : "The Emperor's new Clothes".

Sorry for continuing this thread, which some people seem to object to.

I like the (new) word, or maybe some variation of it -- floculant, to
me, carries an implied meaning of something like extraneous -- not
really required, so I could see extending the definition from
"goggledygook" to something like "extraneous gobbleddygook" --
gobbleddygook not serving any purpose.  (Before I get flamed, in the
processes I was involved in (coalmining) -- floculant was an essential
element of some of the processes to clean coal.)

Perhaps "unneccesary" or "extraneous"  is already implied in the word?
If not, I might adopt the word "floculature" (without the "s") to mean
extraneous gobbledygook.

Randy Kramer