On Wednesday 27 March 2002 18:40, Damian wrote:
> El mar, 26-03-2002 a las 08:48, ed tharp escribió:
> > <snip>
> >
> > > i don't think it is yet out from sun, so you won't find it.  if you
> > > wish to join as a silver member at the mandrake users club you can get
> > > it and much more, but it will set you back $120
> >
> > Really? I am a silver member, but when I joined I saw a thing that said
> > the benifits were the same for all club members, reguardless of level of
> > membershiip. has that changed?
>
> yes it has, ed. someone from mandrake, according to what i've been
> reading, recently said that
>
> "benifits were the same for all club members, reguardless of level of
>  membershiip." was missing a last part: "at the moment"
>
> i'm not sure where you can find the article, but if you search for it
> on linux-mandrake.com, you will find it, it's pretty new.
>

> Damian

Before anyone upgrades their Mandrake Club membership to get hold of Star
Office 6.0 you might like to check out this review comparing it to OpenOffice
http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/03/25/013225&tid=3

(BTW: Contrary to what the article says printing to pdf with OpenOffice is a
breeze with Mandrake 8.2.  Just use CUPS, and OO can then print to a pdf
pseudo printer)

derek