On Wednesday 27 March 2002 03:13 pm, you wrote:
> Kaj,
>
> Thanks for the response -- looks like "flosculature" will do the job.
> ;-)
>
> regards,
> Randy Kramer
>
> Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Yes, Randy. In danish a "floskel" is some "buzzword" that
> > talkative,unconscious people repeat over and over again, whenever they
> > are short of real arguments. They tend to think it makes them look
> > intelligent. To them, silence is unthinkable.
Floculant in engineering or chemical  terms is a material in water or more
importantly sewage treatment that clumps very  small particles together to
get them to have enough mass to settle out of the liquid carrier.  Thus
flosculature is an appropo word to describe verbage that clumps things
together and seperates them from the real media involved and giving them
questionable meaning.  Oh, I think I just commited flosculature.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842