Hello again,

There seemed to be a missing post somewhere ..as I found some suggestions in
Gerald's reply whcih I never seen before !?@

Anyway, I tried configuring the bastille-firewall.cfg with the notes in this
post, and I finally was able to ping the linux box from the w2k machine
:)))))))))))))))))

yet I cannot do that by hostname : e.g I can only ping 192.168.0.1 but not by
the machines name although it is correctly listed in the hosts file on the w2k
machine.

ALso when I ran:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/bastille-firewall start

I got the following warning:

You have Bastille configured for masquerading and
you have enabled Mandrake's Internet Connection Sharing.
We will use Bastille's rules. To get rid of this
warning, use DrakConf to disable Internet Connection Sharing
or disable Bastille's ICS by setting IP_MASQ_NETWORK to ""
in /etc/Bastille/bastille-firewall.cfg

Shall I really disable connection sharing in  mandrake control center ?
or can I just ignore this ?

And now I wanna make sure I understood this situation correctly:
its Bastill-firewall who does the iptables rules implicitly ? so one should
not use iptables anymore if he/she is running bastille ?

THANKS A LOT Brian and Gerald :)

Hanan AL-Shargi