El dom, 31-03-2002 a las 14:04, Robin Turner escribió:
> When trying to compile Scribus, I get the following message when doing
> configure:
>
> checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
>
> on which it exits.
>
> However, I _do_ have it  (this is on Mdk 8.0).  Should I update it? Is there
> any option I can use with configure?
>
> Robin
very likely, the configure script isn't looking in the right place, it
happens to me all the time when i compile big packages.

you have two options: one, download libz source and compile it with

./configure --prefix=/
make
make install

or, you can edit Scribus configure script so it looks in the right
place.
this is, i think, the proper -but hard- way. usually i just use the
first option.

HTH

Damian