I edited a file to send users a greeting when they log on, and was
wondering how to give a bye-bye message when they log out. Somebody asked
how to do it, and I thought I could only do it per user, but that's
because I was just testing on my account. Creating a new user, logging on
and off displays the bye-bye message.

Anyway, the file to edit on my 8.1 is /etc/skel/.bash_logout. That's what
the system uses when you create a new user. For users that already exist,
you have to edit each user's .bash_logout file individually.

--
Todd Slater
9:42pm up 4 days, 23:09, 2 users, load average: 0.27, 0.20, 0.18