On Monday 01 April 2002 08:10 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Hey all. Just wondering, should video ram and BIOS be so that they
> are cached or or not? I've always had them turned off, but recently
> turned them on. Its the only thing I changed (besides my new HD)
> when I had all the troubles with my Nvidia drivers.

     Google 'bios settings', you'll get plenty of links with
explainations.  For more concise/appropriate explaination, go to your
motherboard's web page, your bios' web page, or screen by screen
descriptions are probly also in your mobo's manual.

     Normally you shouldn't need or want to cache video or bios.
Before you make bios changes you should understand what they do and
why you would want to change from default.  It's also a very good
idea to know where the 'clear cosmos' (cmos) jumper is on your
motherboard and how to use it. Some don't have one, you'll need to
pull the battery for a few minutes. Some bios' can be cleared by
holding down a key during the boot proccess (eg, <Insert>). Clearing
the cosmos (bios) will revert to all defaults in case you happen to
make the system unbootable.
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas