On Wednesday 03 April 2002 09:43 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 April 2002 11:32, you wrote:
> > My name is Christos and few days ago, I installed Mandrake 8.1.
> > Although there was no problem with my modem (Conexant) every time
> > I am trying to connect with internet, a message appears saying
> > that the connection was failed because modem is busy.
> > I would be grateful if you could give me a hint of what is wrong.

> Probably an IRQ - conflict.

   Most likely a fake modem (ie, aka winmodem).  To make sure, visit
       http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
   and "view the entire table" (database) at
       http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/20020329a.html

   Since it appears there's no 'linmodem' drivers for most all
Conexant junk, Christos will probly need to get a real modem.  Probly
the better idea since winmodems suck even with Winblows, even worse
with lin-drivers.    http://www.linmodems.org/
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas