On Thursday 04 April 2002 06:14, Anthony V Guillen wrote:
> I'm a newbie in Linux, before anything else, I am not a programmer, or
> anything, I'm just curious in Linux.
>
> I just wanted to know why is it called as an open source code OS?

It's called open source because it's distributed under the GNU Public License
(there is a distinction between Open Source and Free Software, but it's ont
terribly importanyt in this particular context).

For a general view of Open Source, check out Eric Raymond's wirtings
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/
For information on GNU see
http://www.gnu.org/
>If it so,
> what programming language is use to compile the source code use in Linux?
> and another thing, where can I find the source code use in Linux?

AFAIK it's written in C, compiled with GCC (Gnu C Compiler)
The source code is available from any Linux distro site.

Sir Robin