On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 13:20:33 +0100, Graham Watkins
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> Hi Y'all

> Another dumb newbie question.
>
> I have this here floppy disk formatted for dos, with an entire website
> on it. According to readings under both Windows and Linux it is 41% full.
>
> Anyway in my tireless quest to do all my work in Linux and rid my box of
>    Windoze forever, I did some work on the site using Netscape Composer
> which involved adding a new page and graphics to the site.  So far, so good.
>
> However, when I tried to save work to this disk, or copy files onto it,
> I got messages informing me that the disk was full.
>
> I copied the entire site onto an ext2 formatted disk without any
> problems and carried on working, all worked saved and files copied, no
> problem.
>
> But I really wanted to have this stuff on a disk accessible by Windows -
> not for myself so much as for other less enlightened people who need to
> see the work before it goes on the web. So I tried to copy the whole lot
> onto a blank floppy and woe is me, it still would not fit even though df
>   told me that about 40 odd percent of the disk had been used.
>
> Is this usual, or am I doing something wrong?  Maybe something is
> reading these disks as though they were 720k disks, then again maybe not.
>
> Any info gratefully received.
>

> Power to the Penguin!

Did you try to store all the files in the root directory of the disc? FAT
filesystems have a limit on the number of files that can be stored in the root
directory. Try storing things in a subdirectory.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead
all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that
it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first
place." -- Douglas Adams